Grade 6 students who belong to the top 10% of the class or must have special aptitude in Science & Mathematics must take and perform well in the NCE, the admission test of the Philippine Science High School System, also indicating their interest in the SOCCSKSARGEN Region Campus. PSHS-SRC students are exposed to a special science curriculum that aims to develop a passion for learning and to inspire the scholars to choose careers in science and technology. The curriculum is enriched with generally advance subjects in science, mathematics and technology allowing them to optimize their intellectual skills. This is balanced by a rich humanities subjects to develop a holistic individual.
National Competitive Examination
Admission to the PSHS System is through the PSHS System National Competitive Examination (PSHS-NCE). The screening consists of tests in Verbal, Abstract Reasoning, Science and Mathematics. To be eligible for admission, applicants must be Filipino students who must belong to the top 10% of the graduating class or must have special aptitude in science and math. The top 90 scholars from the region are admitted as scholars.
Criteria for Eligibility of NCE Exam
A graduating elementary pupil from a duly recognized school by the Department of Education, who meets the following criteria, is eligible to apply for the PSHS National Competitive Examination (NCE). He / She must: .
- have final grade of 85% or better in Science and Mathematics, evidenced by the student’s report card, if the student’s grades in Science and Math are below 85%, then, he/she must provide evidence that he/she belongs to the upper 10% of the class;
- be a Filipino citizen with no pending application as immigrant to any foreign country; .
- be born on or after July 1, ___; (refer to the critiria of current NCE year)
- be in good health and fit to undergo rigorous academic program;
- be of good moral character; and not have taken the PSHS NCE previously.