Definition of Terms [Source: RA 10173 https://privacy.gov.ph/data-privacy-act/]
Personal information – refers to any information whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.
Sensitive personal information – refers to personal information:
- About an individual’s race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, color, and religious, philosophical or political affiliations;
- About an individual’s health, education, genetic or sexual life of a person, or to any proceeding for any offense committed or alleged to have been committed by such person, the disposal of such proceedings, or the sentence of any court in such proceedings;
- Issued by government agencies peculiar to an individual which includes, but not limited to, social security numbers, previous or current health records, licenses or its denials, suspension or revocation, and tax returns; and
- Specifically established by an executive order or an act of Congress to be kept
Information We Collect
Transactions with the different offices may involve collection of any of the following personal information:
- Date and time of visit
- Contact Details (contact number, e-mail address, home address)
- Parents’/Guardians’ Information
- Academic Records
- Health Records
- Disciplinary Records
Processing and use of the collected personal data
The collected data may be used in the processing of applications, responding to requests, follow-up or updating of information, and other procedures relevant to the operations of the school.
Transfer and Sharing of collected information
PSHS-SRC may share the collected information for the following cases or scenarios:
- When PSHS-SRC is required to do so by law or if such legal disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes or respond to any
- For maintaining the safety and security of the information collected as well as that of the data subject.
Security of collected information
To ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of personal data that is collected; organizational, administrative, and technical processes and procedures are put in place to safeguard the collected information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Retention of collected information
PSHS-SRC takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data collected and processed is reliable, accurate, and complete for its intended use as described in the Privacy Notice. PSHS-SRC retains Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, and as mandated by the Government Records Disposition Schedule (GRDS) of the National Archives of the Philippines (NAP).
Rights of the Data Subject [Source: RA 10173 https://privacy.gov.ph/data-privacy-act/]
As the Data Subject, you are afforded the following rights as written in the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
- The right to be informed whether personal information pertaining to him or her shall be, are being or have been
- The right to be furnished with the information before the entry of his or her personal information into the processing system of the personal information
- The right to reasonable access to the data subjects information upon
- The right to dispute the inaccuracy or error in the personal information and have the personal information controller correct it immediately and accordingly, unless the request is vexatious or otherwise unreasonable.
- The right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of his or her personal
information from the personal information controller’s filing system upon discovery and substantial proof that the personal information are incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, used for unauthorized purposes or are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- The right to be indemnified for any damages sustained due to such inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal
- The right to data portability thru the ability to obtain from the personal information controller a copy of data undergoing processing in an electronic or structured format, which is commonly used and allows for further use by the data
- The right to lodge a complaint before the National Privacy
In the event that information to be collected by or contributed to PSHS-SRC is that of a minor, prior consent from the parent or legal guardian should be obtained in compliance with RA 10173.
Personal Information of Other Individuals
Complaints, Concerns, or Questions: